24 November 2010
Happy Thanksgiving to all you guys out there. Hope you guys are having a great time with family and friends. With that said, today's post is going to be short and sweet. So, with that said, I figured that we would treat today as another Thursday, and post our weekly Stat Match Up Analysis. After that, we'll take a look at MSU's SKILL players, in collaboration with Jake's Ole Miss Blog, who is listing Ole Miss'.
First things first, lets take a look at how the Bulldogs and Rebels match up against one another and with the rest of the country as well.
|Total Off.||384 ypg (59th)||406 ypg (41st)|
|Rush Off.||216 ypg (16th)||220 ypg (14th)|
|Pass Off.||168 ypg (101st)||186 ypg (88th)|
|Scoring Off.||26 ppg (65th)||31 ppg (39th)|
|Total Def.||361 ypg (54th)||390 ypg (75th)|
|Rush Def.||126 ypg (26th)||147 ypg (53rd)|
|Pass Def.||234 ypg (88th)||242 ypg (98th)|
|Scoring Def.||20 ppg (25th)||35 ppg (107th)|
|T. O. P.||31+ min (22nd)||30+min (35th)|
Questions the Stats Ask
- MSU and TSUN are weak within the facet of Pass Defense, so who has the better day passing, Relf or Masoli?
- Will MSU play Tyler Russell, in order to capitalize on TSUN's secondary?
- Can MSU keep the Rebs and Brandon Bolden from controlling the tempo of the game?
- State only gives up 20 ppg and TSUN gives up 35 ppg, does MSU have an immediate advantage?
- With OM's Melvin Harris suspended for the Egg Bowl, will that effect Masoli's ability to throw for his usual output?
- QB Chris Relf- 1,220 yds, 55.4%, 7 TDs, 4 INTs; 617 yds rushing, 3.7 avg, 4 TDs
- RB Vick Ballard- 849 yds rushing, 5.9 avg, 15 TDs
- RB LaDarius Perkins- 428 yds rushing, 5.4 avg, 3 TDs
- WR Chad Bumphis- 43 receptions, for 590 yds, a 13.7 avg, and 5 TDs; 19 carries, 131 yds, 7 yd avg
- WR Arceto Clark- 295 yds, 14 yd avg, 2 TDs
- WR Brandon Heavens- 285 yds, 15.8 avg, 2 TDs
- Other Emerging WRs: Chris Smith (177 yds) & Michael Carr (7 touches for 100 yds)
Remember to know your 'most hated' foe, and stop by Jake's for TSUN's list. Link
Season defining win, if the Hogs beat LSU? Link
Chris Low's Iron Bowl Preview. Link
Chris Low's picks for this weekend. TSUN over MSU? Link
MSU nominated for Orange Bowl Courage Award. Link
Mullen, Nutt, and Dan's focus on Masoli and Bolden. Link
Cam Newton junk. Link
State's not the only ones giving up BIG plays on D. Link
COUNTDOWN TO BEATING TSUN: 2 Days...
Have a great Thanksgiving! Feel free to post, especially if you need that short, much-needed, mental vacation from your Family...we all do, right?
|< Prev||Next >|